A team leader who always tries to eliminate obstacles with collaborative skills and self-confidence. I like to face new challenges that will enable me to use the full potential of my academic, professional and personal skills through active participation and positive contribution. Highly adaptive and a fast learner.
Interests:Natural Language Processing, Web and Mobile Application Development, Middleware, Hackathons, Tennis, Cricket, Futsal, Computer Games, Movies, TV Series, Music, Travelling
• Integrating the WSO2 API microgateway with etcd for service discovery – Individual (Industry)
Provided the WSO2 API microgateway with the capability of querying APIs with dynamic URLs without stopping the microgateway.
Technologies: Java, Ballerina, etcd
• Library Management System (May 2018 – July 2018) – Individual
An online system for library members to check the availability of a book and reserve a copy of the book. Also consists of functionalities such as checking for library dues, book suggestion, email notification on arrival of new books, report generation by admin etc.
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Angular, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB
• RandR (December 2017 – January 2018) – Individual
An E-Commerce Application for a Food Business. Consists of functionalities such as user registration, order placement, item management, order management, etc.
Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, ASP.net MVC, MS SQL Server
• Hospital Management System (March 2017 – May 2017) – Individual
A System to manage the basic functionalities of a Hospital. Consists of functionalities such as patient registration, patient admission, patient test management, employee salary generation, employee attendance management etc.
Technologies: Java SE, MySQL
• PutMe – SAMPATH GREEN INVENTOR (November 2017 – April 2018) – Group
A Waste Management System. (Contribution: Developed the bin management, user management, SMS notification features of the Web application and google maps feature of the Mobile Application)
Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, Ionic, Google Maps API, Arduino
• MyDoctor – MEDHACK (September 2017) – Group
A Mobile Application to locate nearby Hospitals, Pharmacies and the facility to have Video Conversations with Doctors during emergencies. (Contribution: Developed the Video Conversation feature using the Vidyo.io Platform)
Technologies: Android Studio, Google Maps API, Vidyo.io Platform
• Climax – HACKX (September 2017) – Group
A Platform where people can post their day-to-day problems, comment and rate on problems. (Contribution: Developed the post, rating and commenting features of the web application)
Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL
• EasyFarm – 2nd YEAR GROUP PROJECT (UCSC) (March 2017 – December 2017) – Group
A Web based Farm Assistant System. (Contribution: Developed the order processing module, transporter module, item rating and commenting module and part of the discussion forum module)
Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL
• MediQ – ESOFT DEV CHALLENGE (January 2017 – March 2017) – Group
A System which sends notifications to patients according to the consulting number by the doctor. (Contribution: Developed the desktop system used by the doctor/nurse for patient management)
Technologies: Java SE, Android Studio, PHP, MySQL
● WSO2 LANKA (PVT) LTD – Trainee Software Engineer (20th August 2018 – 03rd February 2019)
Integrating the WSO2 API microgateway with etcd for service discovery.
● INOVA IT SYSTEMS (PVT) LTD – Trainee Software Engineer (25th July 2017 – 29th September 2017)
Performance Testing of applications using JMeter.
Research on Grafana and InfluxDB. (Data Monitoring and Visualizing Tools)
Achievements | Awards
● Gold Medalist and Batch First of the Diploma in Computer System Design Programme at the National Institute of Business Management.
● “1st Place” at MEDHACK 2017 organized by Mobitel Innovation Centre.
● “MOST CREATIVE CONCEPT” Award at the ESOFT DEV CHALLENGE 2017.
● “2nd Runner-Up” of Quizzer 2017 – Inter University Quiz Competition Organized by IEEE Student Branch of General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University (KDU).
● TOP 15 FINALISTS – HACKX 2017 – Organized by Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya (UOK), for “Climax”.
● Captained the Men’s Tennis Team of University of Colombo which emerged Champions at the 13th Sri Lanka University Games (SLUG) in 2019.
● University Colours for representing the University Tennis Team and emerging Champions at the 12th Sri Lanka University Games (SLUG) in 2016 and Inter University Games in 2017 and 2018.
● School Colours for being a member of the School Scrabble Team and achieving Runner-Up of the B-Division at the All Island Inter School Scrabble Competition in 2009 and 2011.
● Runner-Up of Under 12 (2007) and Under 14 (2009) at the Otters Junior Novices Tennis Championship.
● Member of the Amalgamated Club of the University of Colombo. (2019)
● Assistant Secretary of the Muslim Majlis of University of Colombo. (2017/2018)
● Treasurer of the Islamic Society of Isipathana College. (2013/2014)
● Main Organizer of the Science Society of Isipathana College. (2013/2014)
● Vice President of the Interact Club of Isipathana College. (2012/2013)
● Member of the University Tennis Team (2016 – 2019) and Captain of the Tennis Team for the year 2019.
● Member of School Cricket, Tennis and Scrabble Teams.
Final Year Project
● Accessing English Web in Sinhala (February 2019 – Present)
• Performing Sinhala to English Cross Language Information Retrieval (CLIR) to retrieve information embedded in the web for a query given in Sinhala Language and presenting the user with the most appropriate results.
Technologies: Python, Word2Vec, FastText, Google Search API, Google Translate API, HTML, CSS, JS, PHP