I am an enthusiastic undergraduate student who has flexible skills to do computer science related tasks. I am a fast learner and interested in getting new experiences.
Interests: Natural language processing, IOT designing, Machine learning, Java EE, Travailing
Technical Skills: Java SE/EE, Python, C/C++, PHP, SQL, Octave
Measure Wire – 2016: Simple hardware device which will measure things and send data to any smart phone to see and analyze measurements.
Funeral Management System – 2016: Web-based funeral management system and internal Stock management system using RFID technology.
Game of Thoughts – 2016: Multiplayer game which played in a virtual reality environment. Inspired by the well-known theory of ‘Game of Life’.
Fraud management system – internship R&D project: Fraud identification and alerting in Card management system. Analyzed ISO 8583 message format and defined rules to identify fraudulent
- Software Engineer Intern – Epic Lanka(pvt) Ltd (Aug 2017 – Jan 2018)
- President at UCSC Pahasara – Official Student media society (2017 – 2018)
- Head of News and Content at UCSC Pahasara – Official Student media society (2016-2017)
Achievements | Awards
- 1st runners-up – Microsoft Imagine Cup Sri Lanka – Innovation Category – 2016
- National Finalist – Microsoft Imagine Cup Sri Lanka – Game Category – 2016
- National Finalist – Angelhack Colombo – 2016
Final Year Project
Bootstrapping Sinhala Named Entities for NLP Applications
Major languages have lots of data pools to process in NLP applications. But non-Latin languages like
Sinhala and Tamil have lack of data. The project aims to find a proper linguistic bootstrapping solution for extract Sinhala named entities from unstructured documents and increase the Sinhala word corpus.