I am a self-motivated and dynamic individual with good team working and communication skills, who enjoy challenges and achieving goals. The opportunity to learn new skills and working with new technologies, particularly interests me.
Interests:Travelling, Philosophical Studies, Volunteering, Listening to music, Watching Movies
• SenZ Switch (Google Summer of Code Project)
SenZ Switch is a high-speed message passing system which can be used to do the communicating between IoT devices.
Scala, Akka Streams, IoT
A web-based minute tracking system for Board of Study of UCSC, with automated functionalities including tracking matters and generating minutes.
Android game developed in the style of ‘Snake & Ladders’ to develop the algorithmic and programming skills of elementary students.
Android SDK, Firebase, Angular
C++ implementation of Self Organizing Map and web-based GUI.
C++, Boost C++, Rust, Angular, Unsupervised Machine Learning
A web-based OCR for the Sinhala Language.
Java, Spring Framework, ReactJS, MongoDB, Docker, REST, Bash, Tesseract, GCP Compute Engine
• Mobile ATM
A mobile wallet based on IOTA distributed ledger.
Android SDK, IOTA, Firebase, Cloud Functions
Web-based system for tracking the best-rated shops.
• I Have a Theory
An adventure game that is designed to teach Chemistry.
Android SDK, Adobe AIR
A shopping assistant platform that uses Physical Web Beacon technology.
Ionic, Cordova, iBeacon, PHP, REST, MySQL
A geo-location-based voluntary teacher and student pairing service.
Ionic, Cordova, Typescript, PHP, REST
Adaptive Water Distribution System.
Arduino, Python, SciPy, REST, PHP, Machine Learning, IoT
• Audible Text Editor
A web-based Text-to-Speech system for the Sinhala Language.
Angular, Festival TTS, Shell
• Research Intern (ML) – University of Colombo School of Computing
(Sep 2018 – Feb 2019)
• Software Developer – Part Time | Language matters
(Jan 2018 – Present)
• President | Computer Science Society of University of Colombo
(June 2019 – Present)
Achievements | Awards
• Patent Holder | ‘Electronic Letter Box’ | National Intellectual Property Office of Sri Lanka
• Google Summer of Code 2018 | Sustainable Computing Research Group
• 2nd Place | Persistent’s Global Hackathon 2017 | Persistent Systems
• Finalists | SEARCC International Schools’ Software Competition 2010 | RMD Engineering College, Chennai, India
• Participant | HackTheNorth 2018 (Canada’s biggest hackathon) | University of Waterloo, Toronto, Canada
• 1st Place | LetMeHack 2019 | University of Sabaragamuwa
• 2nd Place | SLIIT Codefest 2016 | Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
• 2nd Place | HACKiNRA 2017 | Information Communication Technology & Computing Society, Vavuniya Campus of University of Jaffna
• 3rd Place | Dialog Gaming Hackathon 2017 | Dialog Axiata PLC
• Island Top 03 Teams | SnackDown 2017 | CodeChef
• 1st Place | IEEE PreXtreme 2016 | IEEE Student Branch, UCSC
• National Awards For Inventions 2018 | Sri Lanka Inventors Commission | Ministry Of Enterprise Development & Investment Promotion
• 6th place | ACES Coders 2016 | Department of Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya
• Finalists | Codefest Designathon 2017| Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
• Finalists | IFS CodeCombat 2017 | IFS
• Semi-Finalists | SS12 Asia 2017 | IEEE SS12 Asia
• Award of Appreciation | UCSC Achievement Awards 2017
Final Year Project
Unsupervised Discovery of Design Features of Websites
• In the process of developing websites, web developers use previously designed templates or design the website from scratch. Machine learning techniques can be used to increase the efficiency of the designing process of website templates. In order to automate the designing process, identification of the design features of websites and classification is an essential part. This study is focused on using machine learning techniques on extracting design features of websites.