An enthusiastic and versatile undergraduate with strong technical, organizational and communication skills who likes to explore new knowledge and face new challenges which pave the way for new avenues. I consider myself as a hardworking and self-motivated person with an outgoing personality who likes to connect with people and build strong networks using collaborative skills.
Interests:Human-Computer Interaction, Middleware, Research, Algorithms, Hackathons, Toastmasters, Blogging, Dancing, Music, Movies and TV Series
• GRAPHQL WITH WSO2 API MANAGER 2.x (Jan 2019) – INDIVIDUAL (INDUSTRY)
Developed a mechanism so that a person who has a GraphQL API can connect with WSO2 API Manager. Technologies: REST, GraphQL, Java SE, OSGi Framework, Swagger, JUnit, Jaggery.js
• COMMENTS FEATURE FOR WSO2 API MANAGER 3.0 (Aug 2018 – Dec 2018) – INDIVIDUAL (INDUSTRY)
Developed a communication channel between API Providers and Consumers.
Technologies: REST, Java SE, OSGi Framework, Swagger, JUnit, React, Jest, Enzyme
• UCSC DIGITAL LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (May 2018 – Jul 2018) – INDIVIDUAL
A web system to manage online reservations, borrowing, calculating library dues, generating reports etc. in a library system.
Technologies: MEAN – MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, Node.js
• TALKTOTALK – INDIVIDUAL PROJECT FOR ANDROID APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WITH JAVA (Jun 2017 – Nov 2017) – INDIVIDUAL
An Android app – AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) device.
Technologies: Android Studio, SQLite, Google Vision API)
• CEYLON CARE – HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (Mar 2017 – May 2017) – INDIVIDUAL
A desktop application to manage the basic tasks in a hospital like patient registration, calculating bills, allocating to wards etc.
Technologies: Java SE, MySQL
• SMART KUMBURA – NB IOT HACKATHON (Feb 2018 – Aug 2018) – GROUP
A water management system for farmers. (Contribution: Developed the complete Android app.)
Technologies: Android Studio, Firebase, Arduino
• PUTME – SAMPATH GREEN INVENTOR (Nov 2017 – April 2018) – GROUP
A waste management system with IoT, a mobile app and a web application. (Contribution: Developed the mobile app and a part of the web system.)
Technologies: Ionic, PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, jQuery/AJAX, Arduino
• AWEERA – SALON MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – 2ND YEAR GROUP PROJECT UCSC (Mar 2017- Dec 2017) – GROUP – https://aweera.lk
A web system mainly used to automate the management tasks of the salon – AWEERA. (Contribution: Developed Appointments Management module with scheduling algorithms and developed modules such as User, Services, Comments, Gallery, Register Requests, Profile Management with Email & SMS facilities and implemented the Database.)
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Web Services/APIs, HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, JQuery/AJAX
• GK-PHOTOGRAPHY (Sep 2017 – Dec 2017) – GROUP
A web system for a photography studio which is located in Jaffna. (Contribution: Developed modules such as Appointments, Gallery, Staff Management)
Technologies: PHP – CodeIgniter, MySQL, HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, jQuery/AJAX with Email & SMS facilities and implemented the Database.
• MYDOCTOR – MEDHACK 2017 (Sep 2017) – GROUP
An Android app to locate nearby Medical Centers etc. with instant video chatting with doctors. (Contribution: Developed Nearby Places module and the main UI of the Android app.)
Technologies: Android Studio, Google Location Services/Maps, Vidyo.io APIs
• CLIMAX – HACKX 2K17 (Sep 2017) – GROUP
A web system developed based on crowdsourcing concept, where people can post their problems, comment them or rate them etc. (Contribution: Developed Add Posts, Login/Register modules and designed the website.)
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, HTML/CSS/Bootstrap
• MEDIQ – ESOFT DEV CHALLENGE 2017 (Jan 2017- Mar 2017) – GROUP
An Android app and a desktop application which sends notifications to patients according to the consulting number by the doctor. (Contribution: Developed the complete Android app.)
Technologies: Android Studio, Java SE, MySQL, PHP
• SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN – WSO2 LANKA (PVT) LTD (Aug 2018 – Feb 2019)
API Manager Team – Developed Comments Feature for WSO2 API Manager 3.0 and GraphQL Support for WSO2 API Manager.
• TRAINEE – HUAWEI SEEDS FOR THE FUTURE (Nov 2018)
Successfully completed the Huawei’s global CSR flagship program – “Seeds for the Future” in China.
Achievements | Awards
• WINNER (1ST PLACE) – MEDHACK 2017 – Organized by Mobitel Innovation Center, for “MyDoctor”.
• MOST CREATIVE CONCEPT AWARD – ESOFT DEV CHALLENGE 2017 – Organized by ESOFT Metro Campus, for “MediQ”.
• 2ND RUNNER-UP OF QUIZZER 2017 – INTER UNIVERSITY QUIZ COMPETITION – Organized by IEEE Student Branch of General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University (KDU).
• TOP 8 PROJECTS – BEST SOFTWARE PRODUCT COMPETITION – Organized by UCSC, for “Salon Management System”. (https://aweera.lk)
• 19TH PLACE – SAMPATH GREEN INVENTOR (NATIONAL COMPETITION) – Organized by Sampath Bank PLC, for “PutMe”.
• TOP 7 FINALISTS – HACK:BIT SLUG 2018 – Organized by Micro:Bit SLUG, for “Smart Garbage Bin”.
• TOP 10 FINALISTS – CODEFEST 2017 – Organized by Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT), for “MediQ – Web App”.
• TOP 15 FINALISTS – HACKX 2017 – Organized by Faculty of Science, University of Kelaniya (UOK), for “Climax”.
• TOP 25 FINALISTS – NB-IOT HACKATHON – Organized by Mobitel Innovation Centre, for “Smart Kubura”.
• PARTICIPATION – IEEEXtreme 10.0 and 11.0 (2016 and 2017).
• BEST SCHOLAR IN THE G.C.E (O/L) CLASS (2011).
• TEAM LEADER – TEAM TRYCATCH++ representing UCSC (2016 – Present).
• MEMBER – TOASTMASTERS CLUB at WSO2 Lanka PVT (LTD) (2018).
• LEAD THE BOYS’ DANCE CREW in Reid Handaawa at UCSC (2018).
• LEAD THE BOYS’ DANCE CREW in Freshers’ Welcome at UCSC (2018).
• COMMITTEE MEMBER – St. Peter’s College, Colombo 4 – Maths & Science Society (2012 – 2014).
• COMMITTEE MEMBER – St. Peter’s College, Colombo 4 – Buddhist Society (2006 – 2014).
• MEMBER – St. Peter’s College, Colombo 4 – Oriental Dancing Troupe (2008 – 2010).
• MEMBER – St. Peter’s College, Colombo 4 – Under 13 Hockey Team (2005 – 2008).
Final Year Project
IMPROVING USER EXPERIENCE WITH MULTI-DIMENSIONAL FACTORS FOR EFFECTIVE INTERACTIONS IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT – Final Year Research (Feb 2019 – Present)
Developing a model for a mobile device which will provide optimal decisions about the functionalities, by considering user emotions and the current context in real-time, which will enhance the acceptability and usability of that particular system.
Technologies:Android Studio, Firebase, Java SE, TensorFlow, Keras
• CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS OF ANALYSING USER EMOTIONS TO IMPROVE USABILITY OF SYSTEMS – Publication
Presented in the 12th International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing” in Bali, Indonesia (Aug 6th-9th, 2019) and published.
Citation: W. D. Wattearachchi, E. Hettiarachchi, and K. P. Hewagamage, “Critical Success Factors of Analysing User Emotions to Improve the Usability of Systems,” in the 12th International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing, Bali Indonesia, Aug. 2019, pp. 91–95.